Monday, July 21, 2008

July 21 2008

5:00 am

South squawker is on...earlier than usual. Walked out toward the field from my house, more as a morning walk than anything. No bird activity or sounds at all! But coming back around 5:20 am, I observed 6 robins flying out of my backyard to my woods. I'll bet I know where they are going.

6:45 am

Drove the north line of the field and the west line.

Observed 15 robins, 3 finches, and 1 Starling. One group (10-11) of robins were in one flock or grouping, flying out of the field going to my woods. The other 4 robins were coming into the field as individuals. Seeing this group of robins was the first time I've seen robins flock.

6:55 am

Cannons going off to the NE off in the distance 3-4 miles.

7:00 am

Grower's pickers arriving enmasse.

CS

REMEMBER: The villain is the Starling. It is not the grower.

No comments: